Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Grillin' in Missourah

This weekend Sean and I took a trip back to Missouri to go to his friend's wedding. We decided to take advantage of the fact that we were in our home state and spent some time with my family after the wedding. One night we had a Midwest BBQ and grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and salmon. Here's a little taste of dinner in the BoCoMO (translation; Boone County Missouri).



While my stepmom and I were inside doing all the prep work the boys were outside around the grill. We grilled basic hamburgers and hot dogs as well as a delicious salmon that Sean prepped with lemon and garlic.
The asparagus was drizzled in olive oil and had a dash of garlic before being thrown on the grill...it was delicious and my Dad couldn't helping "testing" it every few minutes.



My dad set up the grill so that the asparagus was cooking inside of aluminum covered trays, with the various meats right on top of the grill.




I just felt sorry for our dog Miko, who kept begging to get a bite of our food.

4 comments:

DAVEMAN said...

This is a happy family video. Made me hungry too. The music works well. I watch The Food Channel a couple of times a week, and this is actually kind of a relief from the over-processed culinary muscles constantly being flexed by food celebrities. No flying cutlery, no references to meat as 'gorgeous', no calling mushrooms "these guys". Just good eating. I could almost smell those ribs. Mmm!

Tabasco said...

I made chili last night, and my dog DangerMouse was literally shaking, he wanted some so bad. Either that or he had a seizure. I dig the video, especially the caption, "The salmon's looking tasty!" I imagine someone actually said that. I'm from Michigan originally and there's a lot of food that brings me back there, so it's fun to see that same sort of thing going on in Missourah.

Charlie_Six said...

My fav part of the video is the music. It really fits the fun BBQ atmosphere :)

I think the music should fade out at the end, though. It seems to end really abruptly. My video has the same prob, too, though. Haha.

Marie Drennan said...

Great video! Dad's rockin' the grill, yes he is. The captions add a lot, help bring out the personality of the blog. I thought at first that there was no sound, but then it kicked in; something to think about in future projects might be replacing the absolute silence with something background-ish (if you don't want the main music to start right away) just so people don't think there's something wrong with their computer or your video!